Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, Surgeon’s Hall Exhibition
Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Mediascape was selected via competitive tender to design, supply, install and configure the AV design for the new exhibition. All AV technology, configuration, set up and control provided by Mediascape; Multimedia creation was provided by Heritage Interactive
- Centrepiece: 3D body creation designed and built to our specification which we coated for rear projection. Working within tight tolerances we blended bespoke multimedia and used 3D geometric correction to display dynamic multimedia and created AMX timeline links to trigger video displays.
- Other AV hardware included multiple interactive installations using large touch displays, 17" touch screen kiosks and 10.1"displays with associated audio.
- Heritage Interactive created and delivered 26 touchscreen interactives. The software included a large format 3D model of the human body, interactive timelines, layered content interactives for surgical specialisms, and a live interactive news feed application:
- Heritage also created footage for 10 different film stations throughout the museum. A total of 39 short films were used showing various aspects of surgical practice. Each film was edited to ensure content was appropriately paced. Title graphics and subtitles were added for accessibility.
- To enable museum staff to update the interactive timeline, Heritage Interactive developed a bespoke CMS that allows for adding new items to the timeline, and update existing items, adding text and imagery.
One of many interactive kiosks allowing visitor exploration via touch screen.
This was a high profile installation opened by Prince Phillip and broadcast on national news channels, both TV and Web.