Be Proactive Rather Than Reactive
The challenges of the COVID pandemic forced rapid innovation in business.
As businesses struggled to cope with the demands of the pandemic new effective solutions had to be implemented quickly to ensure the hit to productivity and overall business performance was minimised. To see some of the ways Mediascape has prepared itself for the future read our blog here.
Many businesses were not equipped for this and ultimately failed to survive the pandemic. This served as a stark lesson in future-proofing and taking proactive steps to ensure businesses are more resilient to macro-environmental changes.
From this, we have seen a rise in hybrid working with companies re-evaluating the importance of physical work environments and realising what is essential to succeed. For example, maybe a good internet connection is better than all employees having to wear a suit every day? (also, extra time in bed > commutes).
New Tech = New Roles
Typically, innovation means new roles and new skillsets required.
Many different names have been thrown around for these roles such as Chief Hybrid Work officer, Chief Focus Officer, and Chief Remote Officer. Regardless of the title, it’s impossible to deny that these individuals are becoming more prominent in the workplace as we seek to prioritise the efficiency of our new hybrid work processes.
Hybrid Officers have the complex task of ensuring business employees have the most seamless, effective, and secure methods of interacting, collaborating and engaging with each other. An evolution of the classic IT support role, these individuals are more focused on facilitating effective hybrid solutions other than solving classic IT requests.
This involves integrating several different software, hardware and technologies to create an effective communication network.
Hybrid working needs to not only minimise the hit to business performance but improve on pre-covid levels. Investing in new innovative audio visual technology to facilitate effective hybrid working is essential. An important balance must be struck between the IT support team’s needs and the organisation’s users to ensure everybody is happy and confident in their role.
Here are 3 things to consider when implementing new hybrid working audio visual solutions and technology:
- Vet headsets, webcams, and other tech tools for integration with your primary video conferencing software.
- Consider how implementing new software impacts your organisation’s internal security and compliance requirements.
- Provide a list for employees to order from including enterprise-grade equipment designed to address consumer preferences.
Different Tools For Different Jobs
Ultimately, the correct hybrid solution will vary for every company and perhaps different employees within each company, it is rarely a one size fits all scenario.
This is where the need for a Chief Focus Officer or similar role really shows itself. Here are some examples of different employees and the different types of audio visual hybrid solutions they could require –
1. Stationary employees who work from home and need to focus on independent projects.
– Logitech zone wired headset featuring noise-cancelling mic technology and premium audio drivers
– Logitech C925e Business Webcam
2. Mobile employees who move between mobile and stationary technology.
– Logitech Zone Wireless (Plus) Headset A Bluetooth® headset designed to help you work from anywhere with exceptional sound, flip-tomute mic, and Qi wireless charging.
– C930e Business Webcam An advanced HD 1080p webcam that delivers high-resolution video in virtually any environment, including low-light and harshly backlit settings.
3. Productive employees who prioritise versatility to keep up with their high pace.
– Logitech Zone True Wireless Earbuds A certified noisecanceling mic, ANC and immersive sound are ideal for busy workspaces.
– Logitech Brio Ultra HD Pro Business Webcam A next-level business webcam that adapts to present users in their best light.
At Mediascape, we use a wide range of suppliers to provide you with bespoke integrated AV solutions. Working with an AV professional ensures your business is ready for whatever the future holds. If you would like to find our more about our audio visual solutions then please do get in touch.